Fertility tips: 3 sneaky things that can help you get pregnant naturally
Dr. Allison Rosen, MD writes:
To get pregnant naturally refers to your chances of conceiving a baby without the need for costly medical intervention or invasive treatment options. Many women can significantly increase their chances to get pregnant naturally by paying close attention to their body's many subtle signs of fertility. Receive 20 Free Pregnancy Tests
Often couples find they have difficulty getting pregnant easily because they don't time intercourse during ovulation. Half of couples say they have sex about once a week, and nearly a third say they have sex less than once a week. However, if you're planning to try to get pregnant fast, you'll need to have sex more frequently and time it better.
3 primary signs of fertility - 3 primary signs of fertility - There are 3 main signs of fertility that your body will experience telling you when it's time to ovulate and the most effective way to get pregnant naturally. Tip 1) Cervical mucus, Tip 2) basal body temperature (BBT) and Tip 3) cervical position.
Sign #1 - Cervical mucus (CM)When it comes to tips on getting pregnant, cervical mucus is one of the easiest fertility signs to master. Fertile type mucus is transparent and stretchy like raw egg white, and for this reason, is commonly known as "egg-white cervical mucus." It is produced by the cervix during your most fertile time of the cycle. It helps decrease acidity of the vagina while promoting a sperm-friendly environment. To check for CM, you will notice it on the toilet tissue after you wipe. You can lightly apply your fingertip to the tissue and pull gently away to test its stretchiness. By observing her CM, a woman can recognize when her body is preparing for ovulation.
Sign #2 - Basal body temperature - Your basal body temperature is your temperature when you first wake in the morning. Ovulation will trigger a rise in BBT between .5 and 1.6 degrees Fahrenheit that will last until your next menstruation. About 60% of the time ovulation occurs the day before the temperature rise. And the other 40%, ovulation can occur a few days before or after. During the beginning of your menstrual cycle, your BBT will be lower. Just prior to ovulation you will have a slight decrease in temperature followed by a sharp rise. It's during that slight drop in temperature that you should begin having intercourse. Once you see your temperature sharply rise, you have already ovulated.
Sign #3 - Cervical position - You can help determine the fertile phase of your menstrual cycle by using a technique called cervical palpation, by which you identify the texture, position and width of the opening of the cervix, using your index finger. When you are at your most fertile period, your cervix will become softer, lower, and more open. At your most infertile period, your cervix will be higher, closed and firm.
Familiarize yourself with these signs of fertility and practice observing them. It will take you two or three cycles to get used to recognizing the signs. But over the course of a few cycles, you will find that you gain a new level of trust and confidence in your body that will give you more control of your fertility and help you get pregnant naturally and more easily.
FertiBella OTC® is the most complete fertility system available without a prescription. Increase your chances to get pregnant naturally from the very first use. Try a FREE starter pack today & receive 20 FREE tests!