Got fertility problems? Here's the advice OBGyns absolutely swear by
Dr. Renee Hanton, MD writes:
If you are actively trying to conceive, how long should you wait before you start to consider there may be possible fertility problems?
Typically, the average couple trying to conceive over a period of 12 months without becoming pregnant may want to explore the possibility of treatment for infertility.
About 85% of couples can expect to get pregnant by 12 consecutive months of trying to conceive. The remaining 15% of couples will likely be considered as having less than normal fertility levels and may wish to consult their doctor. The fact is there are many causes of infertility and the treatment of infertility can vary widely.
If you are under the age of 30, and otherwise healthy, you usually should not have to worry about encountering fertility problems unless you have been trying to conceive for at least one year. At that point, you may wish to consult your doctor so they can fully evaluate your situation and conduct a number of infertility tests and suggest ways in which you can increase your fertility. In some cases, you may wish to consult with your doctor sooner if you are trying to get pregnant fast. Women who are in their 30s who have been trying to get pregnant for 6 months without success , should consult their doctor to discuss their treatment options as soon as possible, Claim Your 20 Free Pregnancy Tests ($72 value).
A woman's chances of having a baby declined steadily every year after the age of 30, so getting a complete fertility evaluation and discussing the treatment of infertility in a timely fashion is important. A number of health issues can increase your risk of infertility problems, so if you experience any of the following issues, you should consult your doctor as soon as possible:
- Irregular menstrual cycles or absent menstrual period
- Painful periods
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Recurring miscarriage
Regardless of your age, it's always a good idea to consult with your doctor when you are preparing to try to get pregnant. They can be helpful in answering any questions that you may have regarding your fertility as well as provide useful tips on how to get pregnant.
Usually a couples' cause of infertility can be established by doing a complete fertility evaluation. The process involves physical examination, and reviewing your health and sexual history. If there are no obvious issues like poor timing of intercourse or a lack of ovulation, then infertility tests may be needed.
An estimated 10-15% of couples are affected by some form of infertility. So you should know that you are not alone. Finding the cause of infertility can sometimes be a long and emotional process. It could be months before all the necessary tests are completed, Try not to be alarmed if the fertility problem isn't found right away. And take comfort in knowing that there are a number of effective infertility treatment options that can help you increase your fertility and have a successful and healthy pregnancy.
New FertiBella OTC® is a highly effective fertility system, clinically proven to stimulate ovulation and restore regular cycles in women with infertility. Increase your chances of overcoming fertility problems from the very first use. For a limited time, try a FREE starter pack today & receive 20 FREE tests!